Thursday, August 11, 2011

Happy House Challenge




I have been inspired by My Happy House to keep a clean, organized home.  I had already started a few weeks ago on my own, but the express challenge started last week.  The express challenge includes 2 tasks a week to slowly add to a list of 10 things to do every day.  The goal is to have a clean, happy house at the end of 5 weeks.  Also hopefully these things will become habits!


Obviously this consists of making the bed every morning (or when you get to it during the day), and making sure all the dishes are either washed and drying or put into the dishwasher.

I finished last week 7/7 for the bed, and 5/7 for the sink, which I think is pretty good considering I don't have a dishwasher!  It is amazing how much better you feel just from making your bed.  The empty, clean sink in the morning is just a bonus!  Now if I could just learn to wash dishes throughout the day and during the cooking process, this would be much easier.


This one just started yesterday.  For clear the clutter, we are supposed to pick a room and go through and put a few things away every night.  The goal is for everything to eventually have a home.  If this is too overwhelming, just take 5 minutes and put a few things away at a time.  I'm going to try for my family room.

Sweep the kitchen is pretty self explanatory.  Some use a broom, some a Swiffer pad... me? I use a vacuum.  I LOVE my Bissell PowerEdge® PET Hard Floor Vacuum.  This thing is seriously amazing!  I have a large dog with long hair and she sheds a lot!  With all hard floors throughout my home, I was going through multiple swiffer pads each day.  This vacuum is great!  It doesn't have bristles for the hair to get stuck in, but instead has rubber strips that guide the dirt and hair into the path of the suction.  Makes for quick work of a large kitchen and mud/laundry room.

Right now my camera battery is charging, but I'll add pictures as soon as it is done.

Have fun with it and enjoy your clean home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...