Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Breaking Bad Habits #2



I have another bad habit to add to my list.

1. Leaving clean clothes on the pool table.
2. Making a recipe, loving it, and not being able to find it again!


I hate this!  I have made multiple recipes that I loved and have not been able to find them to repeat them.  The one in particular today was blueberry scones.  I know I'd combined recipes from multiple sites to come up with a good blueberry scone recipe.  I even made a lemon icing as a topping.

I could have sworn I put the recipe into a binder I keep for things I've printed off the internet.  No such luck.

Recently, I started typing and saving or copying and pasting recipes into Google Docs.  That is, if I remember to do it.  I must have made this one before that though.

Now, I'm hoping to blog about the new recipes I'm finding on my blog.  I just have to remember to take pictures of them.

That doesn't help me now though.  I'll just have to start all over again.

Another place I've found recipes that I can't find now is magazines.  A couple years ago I made some awesome pumpkin muffins that didn't call for cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice (I'm deathly allergic!).  I don't remember what magazine I got them out of, or where to find the recipe again.  Grr!

Here's to breaking this bad habit and saving recipes from now on.

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly why I have a food blog. It is SO helpful, easy to search and allows Carl to see what he wants to request for dinner!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...