Sunday, August 28, 2011

Soft & Absorbent Towels




101608towel-02.jpg
Picture from Apartment Therapy


In case you didn't already know, you're not supposed to used fabric softener (including dryer sheets) on towels. Why you ask?  It creates a build up of chemicals on the fabric.  These chemicals may make the towels soft and fluffy and reduce wrinkles and static cling, but they also help to repel liquid stains including water. When you attempt to dry off with your nice fluffy, great smelling, soft towel it doesn't work.  I especially noticed a problem with my kitchen towels, as I would go to dry up a spill and they would just push the spill around.

I have found this amazing substance that softens towels, but they remain absorbent.  It's very simple, and every household most likely has some in their pantry.


My secret weapon? Vinegar! Plain old white vinegar.

When washing your towels, add 1/2 cup of vinegar to your rinse cycle or fabric softener cup (works for HE washers too).  After drying, your towels will be nice, soft, fresh smelling, and absorbent!

Try it!  Let me know if it works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...